Mirowitz students have it all: a hands-on curriculum , lessons in social responsibility, and meaningful Jewish learning. During their years (K-8) at Mirowitz, students restore prairies, lobby elected officials, test water quality of streams, pick vegetables on a kibbutz and walk in the footsteps of MLK. As they do so, they joyfully connect with their heritage and develop skills for a lifetime of leadership.
Mirowitz STEAM Studio
Sunday, October 7
Join us for an morning of earth-themed STEAM. You and your pre-school aged child (ages 3+) will participate together in hands-on discovery in our outdoor labs.
- Meet animals and artists that make the pond their home.
- Learn about the parts of a plant (leaves, seeds, fruits and root) that are nutritious and tasty. Then pick a veggie from our garden and have a taste for yourself!
- Built a chicken nest, and see if Lila and Golda (our school chickens) find it comfortable.
- Use technology to record colors in nature.
- Learn how composting turns rotten food into something reusable.
(Mirowitz STEAM Learning Labs integrate Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math.)
Presented by: Saul Mirowitz Jewish Community School and PJ Library – St. Louis.
Roll up your sleeves and engage in experiential learning about how kids grow to be curious and ethical. Break out sessions are led by Mirowitz teachers and include: Teaching Resiliency, the importance of learning a second language, teaching kids to pursue justice, and more.
Wednesday, November 7
Learn more and RSVP here.